Research & Development
Administrative regulation related to applied research priorities that makes miners exempted from 10 percent of the state law announced by the mining deputy of Ministry of Industry ,Mine and Trade (Iran).
This plan includes 13 priorities, to inform active miners from research priorities and render a plan to encourage investors to invest in this sector.
These priorities are :
1. Modern methods of exploration, extraction and mineral processing
2. Localization and know-how transfer
3. Production and extraction of REE
4. Coal research projects
5. Using waste and slag to extract valuable elements
6. Molybdenum,Tungsten and Magnesium related researches
7. Titanium researches
8. Graphite Electrodes researches
9. Energy consumption optimization
10. Construction of mineral processing equipments
11. Create and increase of production efficiency
12. Refractory minerals researches
13. HSE projects in mine and mining industries sector
According to this announcment if miners with approval of Iranian ministry of Industry,Mine and Trade in line with these priorities contract with universities, they will be exempted from 10 percent of state law of mines.
The death last month of 43 artisan miners at the Kamoto Copper Company KOV concession in the Democratic Republic of Congo has refocused attention on the human cost of producing what is a key input into electric vehicle (EV) batteries.
Congo’s interior minister vowed to remove all illegal miners by Sunday from a copper and cobalt mine run by Glencore following a landslide this week that killed at least 43 of them.
Relations between the Zambian government and its copper mining sector have just taken a turn for the worse.
Karnataka iron ore miners have received some sense of relief from the recent recommendations submitted by Supreme Court-appointed – Monitoring Committee.
Growing demand for smart thermostats, wind turbines and other high-tech devices is expected to keep copper the dominant material used in electrical components, industry players said, offsetting rising use of aluminum, a cheaper alternative to conduct electricity.
The recent jump in platinum-group metals prices is boosting miners’ profits, but that doesn’t mean they are likely to increase supply anytime soon, according to the world’s No. 1 producer.